While we certainly don’t want to dissuade anyone from drinking their weight in water during the summer months here in Arizona, the following produce can certainly help in your fight to stay hydrated, while refueling your body.
- Broccoli (Water Content 91%): An excellent source of both vitamins A & K, finely chop and add to any salad for increased hydrating potential.
- Cantaloupe (Water Content 90%): Regardless as to whether this sweet, juicy treat is added to a fruit salad or eaten alone, its not only quenching full of vitamin A & C.
- Cauliflower (Water Content 92%): At 92%, utilize that often underrated veggie to not only increase water intake, but fiber as well.
- Celery (Water Content 95%): From a fine dish to ants on a log, grab a stalk of this crunchy, antioxidant rich hydrating powerhouse and enjoy.
- Cucumbers (Water Content 96%): Easily added to a salad or sandwich, cucumber ranks as one of the highest in water content, while being extraordinarily effective in helping the body flush toxins.
- Radish (Water Content 95%): What a fantastic root! Highly versatile, radishes won’t only increase your absorption of H2O, but are chock-full of all kinds of great stuff, that will help in relieving indigestion, aiding in digestion and even fight clogged sinuses/sore throats.
- Tomatoes (Water Content 94%): Is there anything this staple vegetable can’t do? Not only rich in vitamins, this may be the perfect summer time companion as it will not only hydrate, but high levels of beta-caroten will assist in protecting your skin from sun damage.
- Watermelon (Water Content 92%): The only surprise here is that radishes have a higher water content. Chomp down on a hearty slice of this summer favorite for a boost in vitamin A, C & B6.